Our vision at Carshalton Baptist Church is to encourage God’s spiritual children to grow in the knowledge of who he is, and be effective in the way they extend God’s grace and love to each other.
We aim to be a church in the community for the community. In order to make this a reality we have began providing a space where the particular needs of the elderly and the lonely can be met.
We have already opened our church buildings for public use, it’s become a popular venue for birthday parties, weddings etc. This initiative is to let people know we are here in the community making contact with people that would not normally come into our space.
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit, 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:21
- We believe that there is one living and true God the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth, Gen.1:1; Heb. 3:4; Rom. 1:20.
- We believe that man was created by his Maker; but by voluntary transgression fell, the consequence of which all people are now sinners, Gen 1.27, 2.7, 3.6
- We believe that the salvation of sinners is by grace through the work of the Son of God, Eph. 2:5; Matt. 18:11; John 4:10; John 3:16; Phil. 2:6-7
- We believe that the gospel which Christ gives to those who believe in him is justification which includes the pardon of sin Gal.2.16 Rom.5.1, titus.3.7
- We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, unto the name of the Father, and Son, and Holy Spirit, Matt.28:19
- We believe that in the Lord's Supper believers use the bread and wine to remember and celebrate together the love of Christ while always remembering self-examination.1 Corn. 11:23-31
- We believe that the end of the world is approaching and that at the last day Christ will descend from heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution, and that there will be a new heaven and a new earth, Thess. 4:16-18, Rev. 21:1-4